1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Two pedals I own and LOVE

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dharmashawn, Aug 6, 2013.

1. dharmashawn

dharmashawn Supporting Member

Duhram Sex Drive - I just picked this up and damn fine pedal

Ddyna Thinman - This has been on the board forever and has NEVER been taken off. This thing is fat, fun, and only a lil over $100. She plays so, so well with all things placed before. Any pedal that loses a bit of low end is full of life after the journey through the Thinman. It doesn't do a ton of crazy things, but I have found it to be super useful and integral part of my sound.

Not sure why more Thinman's aren't around?? I don't think I have seen one on another board.

Just some morning random talk
  2. M Sterling

M Sterling Supporting Member

I really liked the Sex Drive, too. One of the pedals I really wish I had kept around.
  3. Vlad5

Vlad5 Chronic Knob Twiddling Tone Chaser Supporting Member

+1. every time a Sexdrive comes up for sale I count my pennies... On my list of pedals 'I wish I had the funds to keep just because they're awesome'.

The Thinman has been on my radar for a while too... I never see em for sale used though...
  4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I've posted some threads about DDyna and the Thinman a while back, but not much interest developed here. I think the name "Thinman" probably made people think it would sound thin. It doesn't. Too bad there are several other companies using the name "Fatman"!

And yes, the Durham SD is one of the few pedals that actually delivers tone magic instead of being empty hype.