Typical "new to bass" thread title

Discussion in 'The Perfect Bass' started by volkswagen, Jul 21, 2012.

1. volkswagen

volkswagen

Hey everyone. Prospective bass player here. Former mediocre 6 string guitar player. I picked up guitar in high school, couldn't really get into it as much as I thought I would though my expectations were probably set too high at that age. I'm looking to start with bass this time, and do it right. I've really been into the laid back loose style of bass, unlike guitar. I mostly listen to modern reggae. Bands like Rebelution, Stick Figure, Expendables so I'd want to play a similar style.

My question is about which guitars I should consider. I really have no clue about which guitars provide which features, and what I would actually utilize as a new player. So far I've been recommended the Ibanez SR300 and the lower end Yamahas. No idea what to look for so any advice is appreciated. I'm trying to keep it under $300 not including the amp.

Thanks!
  2. ThePerfectBass

ThePerfectBass Supporting Member

Look at our web site www.ThePerfectBass.com. Anything in your price range will be a good starter... We have some really nice Austin basses that are very inexpensive and a great starter. The ESP-LTD J0295 and Vintage-204 are really incredible for the money also! If you can't find what you are looking for, call us. :)
  3. cenkbass

cenkbass