1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

U.S. Peavey Club Part 7

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Dec 30, 2013.

1. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

2. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Quoting some posts from the end of the last thread with questions on cleaning up a T20. Attachments are clickable.

3. Basstovsky

Basstovsky The guy with the dumb username... Supporting Member

That T-20 was probably in one of the contour cases with foam (instead of fabric lining) that melted to the finish, lots of people had to remove the foam and replace it with a better substance that didn't age into goop.

My Patriot came with a case where someone removed all the foam so there was nothing but plastic holding the bass thankfully it wasn't dinged up :(

Such a great bass.

[​IMG]

Now with new and improved bridge (seriously I love these things, full contact and cheaper than most other quality high-mass bridges)

[​IMG]
  4. Medic579

Medic579 Supporting Member

Yes it was in the foamed contour case. And looks like it was closeted for years. It has a new set if strings that have never been used in the pouch. gHS bass boomers but they look 20 years old by the packaging. Package says they are dynamite. Lol. Anyway it lookalike some of the clear coat came of with the glue. So I'm taking it to my tech tomorrow I'm hoping he can save the paint even if he has to wet sand and re clear. Idk. It's a rare color so I wanna
    Save it if possible.
  5. Medic579

I've got the case and I'm gonna figure out a way to cover it so it won't happen again.
  6. chinmullet

chinmullet

I can't get a good photo of the sexy sparkly finish

Attached Files:

• red.jpg
      red.jpg
      File size:
      235.9 KB
      Views:
  7. Medic579

8. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388470554.553226.jpg Checking into the new thread with my new-to-me T40 and my only Peavey at this time.
  9. JEDI BASS

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1388470707.619821.jpg And check out the wear on the neck pickup surround and the groove worn into the pickguard. I don't know how someone could cause that much wear under the D and G strings ???
  10. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

That baby looks sweet! I love red/maple! Someday, I hope to hear what one of those slant SF pickups sounds like.
  11. StuartV

What does the middle knob do besides change from single coil to dual coil? If all it did was change from single to dual, it could just be a switch.

I mean, what is the difference between middle knob at 10 versus 8? Or between 6 versus 1?
  12. Medic579

The middle knob at 10 is a single coil. As you roll it around to about 7 it brings in the other coil to give full humbucking tonalities. From 7 to 0 it works as a normal tone knob.
  13. StuartV

So, from 7 to 0, you have two Tone knobs?
  14. Medic579

Yes, it makes for some really cool tones.
  15. mech

mech

Tone Control R3 (mis-labeled Vol in the schematic section) is an Audio taper pot and a conventional High roll off.

Tone Control R2 is the same 250K S taper pot as the T-40 and gradually changes from single coil and humbucker between 10 and about 7, same as a T-40. From about 7 to 0 it becomes a Low roll-off due to the 6.0 Hy (Henry) inductor being grounded. An inductor only passes low frequencies and with a value of 6.0 Hy this circuit may get well into the Mids.

Interesting circuit although I never thought of the T-40 pickup as needing low reduction. This would be interesting to try with a Gibson Mudbucker if anybody wanted to tear into one to center-tap it.

If you have probs with hum, hard wire the bridge ground to the output jack ground and eliminate the .01mf cap, if it has one. Peavey did that for "safety" concerns for a short while. I've had a couple of basses with the cap and had hum problems since the bridge and strings were not hard grounded.

mech

[​IMG]
  16. JEDI BASS

Mech is the man!
  17. Medic579

Isn't that what I said ? LOL
  18. Medic579

So I took my T-20 to my tech looks like someone removed some of the finish on the back maybe because of glue. Anyway they got the original urethane off and the paint is orange peeled a little and looks like they rattle canned a clear on it. He recommends a complete refinish. He said the color is a metallic red flake and that he can get the correct paint. Idk what to do. I like the bass and it's one I don't wanna ever sell so I thing I'm gonna do it.
  19. mech

mech

Except the middle knob is also a Low roll off. That's kind of unique. :)

mech
  20. Medic579

😃lol I'm not what you would call electronics savvy.