Ugh. Effects pedal died at the gig

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kitsapbass, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass A.K.A. Pimp Lucius

Put new batteries in my pedals an hour before we played. I didn't have the cables connected to insure that the batteries wouldn't die, but I think I may have a short somewhere, because halfway through our second set, my AW-3 died. I checked all the batteries first (with a DMM), so I'm fairly certain I must have an internal short - what do you guys think?

2. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

I think its time to invest it a power supply. It'll be a good move. Plus, you'd be keeping batteries out of landfills.

3. Kitsapbass

I'm thinking so too. This is the second time this happened with that pedal, but I thought it was an older battery that died on the shelf...

4. Kitsapbass

Also, FWIW - my employer does battery disposal on-site, so not so much as far as the landfill thing. It goes right to a company that reuses 98 percent.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Battery snap wires can easily get damaged and stop working correctly. Half the reason I don't use batteries is because of having to repair/replace battery snaps and the wires. It's an easy fix, with simple soldering, but who needs the repeated hassle.

7. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

Well, that's a good thing.

8. grunge_freak

grunge_freak

I got a power supply with a daisy chain to go with it and its the best thing thats ever happened to my pedals. it came with adapters for different types of pedal power jacks too, for instance my electro-harmonix small clone has that funky power input but the daisy chain covered that as well. highly recommend it.