UK suppliers of body blanks

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by pedrodelawasp, Jan 22, 2014.

1. pedrodelawasp

pedrodelawasp

Hello TBers, could anybody give me some linkage to UK based suppliers of body blanks that you have positive experience of using?

I had ordered an Ash blank from diyguitarshop.co.uk but it has not arrived and my attempts to contact them via e-mail, telephone and paypal have gone unanswered.

I have e-mailed sone local cabinet makers and lumber merchants regarding their stock without reply too. I have found Tone Tech Luthier Supplies UK, but seeing as variety is the spice of life I reckoned I'd ask on here.

Cheers folks.
  2. Verkton

Verkton

I've used tonetech, been there in person as it's not too far away. They're great, for service although I haven't got any wood from them, I either get it from the local timber yard and cut it myself(Ash, Walnut and Maple is what I've done so far), and I've also got fingerboards from exotic hardwoods. As you can see if you check out their website, they've got a wide range of woods, and it's sold in guitar sized blanks. Their service is also excellent.

http://www.exotichardwoodsukltd.com
  3. Hawkesy

Hawkesy

I just recently got all my wood from the above website, exotic hardwoods. Was quoted 2 weeks delivery and it was here in 3 days. Fantastic company, great selection. I'd happily use them again.
  4. pedrodelawasp

pedrodelawasp

Thanks for that. They seem to have a nice selection.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. GMC

GMC

Thanks for this, I'm looking for a supplier for a few upcoming basses myself. Since returning to bass making after nearly 10 years away....many of my old supliers have gone. I used to use Craft Supplies in Derbyshire....but they don't do instrument woods any more.
  7. Martin Beer

Martin Beer

David Dyke were fine the time I bought from them. Their website is not great, so you have to phone them but they're helpful when you do.