1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ukuleles????

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Johnny StingRay, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Johnny StingRay

Johnny StingRay

OK, what's up with the sudden onslaught of ukulele, bass ukulele stuff lately??????

The only reason I've noticed this is because I retired from 30 years of teaching in Detroit last Thursday and I have a month off before I start my new career. So, I've had a lot of time to peruse the music websites on the internet.

I even heard that Tal Wilkenfeld played a bass ukulele recently.

And..................do you play a bass ukulele with your fingers or a pick? What's the best amp to use for bass ukulele? Should I string a bass ukulele with rounds or flats? What's the proper setup on a bass ukulele? What sounds better on a bass ukulele......maple or rosewood? Fretted or fretless? Strap locks? and should it be slung low or high? And.......would I be ostracized by the bass community if I played a 5-string? Or would I be better off with dropped tuning on a 4 string?

:bag: :hyper: :bassist: :D
  2. elgecko

elgecko

Whats the best ukulele for metal?

:bag:

...and congrats on retirement!
  3. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

4. Johnny StingRay

Johnny StingRay

That's funny!

"You are only a true jazz artist if you only play an upright bass ukulele!!"
  5. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings
    As much as I hate to admit it, ukeleles are musical instruments, and Off Topic is for non-musical related subjects.

Moved to Miscellaneous.