Unifying Logitech devices

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by megafiddle, Dec 31, 2013.

1. megafiddle

megafiddle

Anyone use Logitech keyboards and mouses?
    And have you ever "unified" them with Logitech's Setpoint software download?

I cannot get their website to load up and run - just a miminum amount of stuff on the page, and nothing works.
    Was wondering if it's just a temporary thing, or if it's just my computers. I tried using the latest Explorer from
    Microsoft's site. Made no difference.

If anyone is able to get to Logitech's download area, could you post a link to it? Maybe that might work.

-
  2. bassplayer1494

bassplayer1494

Try using a different browser like Firefox or chrome that might make a difference
  3. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

Has always worked for me.

lowsound
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    The devices and single receiver work great for me too. I love it.

-Mike
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. megafiddle

megafiddle

I'm going to try a different computer at work next week, as I won't be back there until then. I don't really want to switch over
    to another browser for just one problem. Plus I still don't know if the problem is with logitech's website or at my end.

I see you have things working, but can you actually get to their download page now? That's what I'm wondering.

-
  7. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

The unifying software automatically came up for download when I plugged in the USB thing.

lowsound
  8. megafiddle

megafiddle

The keyboard and mouse (bought separately) each showed the "new hardware found" message,
    and both work fine with their individual receivers. The "Setpoint" program is apparently not included
    with these as there is a website address in the instructions for downloading it:

www.logitech.com/unifying

That's what I need, to get to their website, but I can't, and don't know if their website is just down.

-
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I just went to the Logitech website, navigated to my product, went to the downloads page, and downloaded the software.

Try this page: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support. I assume you are in the USA.

-Mike
  10. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

Painless process. The interface detects everything quickly. Unless you're very peculiar with settings, SetPoint isn't really needed and is basically a ressource hog.
  11. megafiddle

megafiddle

Ok, thanks. That gets me a bit farther towards the download. I can at least see various devices, but can't get any farther.
    I get messages that make no sense, like not having java scripting enabled (it is).

I'm going to download and reinstall IE8 again. Maybe something went awry the first time.

Thanks for checking, now I know the problem is at my end.

-
  12. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

Internet Explorer is your problem. Try FireFox or Google Chrome. Much better browsers.
  13. megafiddle

megafiddle

If you mean that you simply plug the USB receiver in, and it simply works, that's true.

But individual devices sold individually, are paired to individual receivers when purchased separately (I believe),
    and will only work with the receivers that they were paired with.

You would have a major problem if that wasn't the case, and you tried to use several keyboards and mouses
    on several different computers in a small area.
    (for those not familiar, these are wireless devices)

The "SetPoint" software is required to setup a single receiver to respond to more than one device.

Now, does the SetPoint software actually have to remain in operation? I was assuming that it only runs once,
    to set the receiver to the new devices, and the changes are made in the receiver hardware.

-
  14. megafiddle

megafiddle

I tried a different computer with Vista and Internet Explorer 8.
    Website and download worked fine. Problem is apparently with XP and Internet Explorer 8.

Anyway, I transferred the downloaded program onto this computer (XP) and it worked perfect.

It would be nice if it also allowed you to setup one keyboard and mouse to work with two different
    receivers (on two different computers), but the devices only work with last receiver that they were
    paired with. It must actually reprogram the mouse itself.

-