Unnecessary fears

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr L, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Mr L

Mr L

I have the weirdest fear that I will stop breathing in my sleep and suffocate, when I was 12 or so I used to stay up for hours trying to see that if I relaxed I would keep breathing... Which of course you don't which freaked me out even more...

Now that I'm older I know there is an actually disease that causes you to stop breathing in your sleep and well, I'm super glad I never knew it was a legit thing when I was younger or I never would have slept. Still freaks me out every once and a while.

Any strange fears out there?

2. bassteban

bassteban

Are you saying that when you relax, you stop breathing? That would be bizarre

3. Kenzy

Kenzy

I have a strange but pretty intense aversion to seeing or interacting with my veins. I don't like to see them bulging out of my skin at all. I absolutely can't stand doing anything with my wrists; I mean, I don't even like to look at them. I can't check my pulse there either, because of it.

But I also can't check my pulse because that kind of freaks me out, for some reason, too. It's illogical but it just makes me extremely uncomfortable. I freak out when I get my blood pressure checked by my doctor, my breathing becomes erratic and I get restless and very, very nervous.

:bag:

4. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM Supporting Member

Dude I was this same way. Always have been last year it got really bad and I had some bad anxiety along with it. Always heart or body related if I think about it hard enough it can come back

I just keep telling myself I don't give a F*%#. Told myself this long enough that now I really don't. Gotta accept that your alive this is how your body functions and one day just like eveyone whomever lived has, you will die.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Kenzy

Kenzy

I don't fear death, only veins :D

7. CauliColin

CauliColin

Spiders.
    Here in the UK, there are no deadly spiders. The biggest one I've seen was as big as the palm of my hand. They're just... Ewww

8. tinman 1967

tinman 1967 Supporting Member

My biggest fear is being burried , Put in a coffin when I die and put in the ground......... Aint gonna happen.... no how, no way....... Just prop me up in a chair in the basement or something..:)

9. Kenzy

Kenzy

Not even when you're dead, then? I won't mind people playing with my veins and such when I'm dead, I can tell you that. :D

10. ShredderMaximus

ShredderMaximus

I don't know if this fits with the topic, but for as long as I can remember, up to sometime in my high school years, I've had a reoccurring dream of being in a car and driving off a giant cliff, and always waking before impact. Kinda like your usual falling dream but with a twist. To this day, even though I can drive, I really hate doing so and get super anxious whenever I get behind the wheel. I feel completely helpless about controlling it, and even at the age of 25 am without a drivers license, which gets really embarrassing, especially around my car loving family who always ask why and I have yet to tell them the real reason. As a matter of fact, this is the first time I've shared my "little phobia" at all, to anyone, ever.

Heres a picture of a monkey wearing spectacles:
    [​IMG]

11. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

welcome to the club.
    Here we have some gems but with every passing day, I thank god that I was not born in Australia...
    If I had to deal with their day-glo orange, flying spiders the size of cars, that imitate human babies crying to lure in victims I'd go insane! :help:

:p

12. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Oh yeah clowns too. Whoever invented clowns ought to be shot.
    Or smacked with a rubber chicken

13. CauliColin

CauliColin

I agree. Although, shooting is a bit excessive. Maybe just taught a lesson?

14. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

So something in between shooting and smacking with a rubber chicken...
    How about just allowing them to don their bizarre alien-creature makeup then we toss them into the gorilla pen of a local zoo? Let's see how the silverbacks appreciate make-up and a fake flower that squirts water.. heeey I like it!

15. Drunk Heffalump

Drunk Heffalump Tone that I have. Skill? Oh, that? Well....

Perhaps shot with a rubber chicken?

:D

16. CauliColin

CauliColin

I like it!

17. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Levy's Leathers
    Butterflies. If they're far away doing their fluttery B.S, then fine.
    But when I'm walking and all of a sudden a god-damn Monarch pops out of a bush and flies directly at my face, I freak out.

18. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium

When I was a little kid, my big brother told me that soda pop cans had germs on them, and if I didn't wipe off the top of the can before opening it, it would make me sick. To this day (I'm 47), I still can't drink soda from a can unless I've wiped it with a paper towel or napkin, and preferably rinsed it with water first.

19. arbitrary

arbitrary

you should use a cleaning product as well, you never know if you got everything. Water does nothing.

20. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

I thought monkeys had brightly colored spectacles?

21. AaronMB

AaronMB

Myth Busters did a show on this one, more or less - you aren't necessarily crazy, man. Much of those 'extras' won't hurt us, but what MB found is rather unpleasant to think about. ;)