1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Unusual request - Orlando TB'rs near WDW

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Oct 29, 2013.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Hi:

My wife and I are taking my folks (mid 70s) to WDW for the first time this Saturday 11/2 for a 5 day trip. We're veterans, the parents are not and they have some health needs. We're staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. We're doing to whole package - WDW resort/park hopper tix, meal plan, Disney transport from and to airport.

It leaves us without a vehicle. For reasons I'll go into in a pm but would rather not here, we sort of need to load up on non-alcoholic beverages: water, juice, even some soda.

Would anyone be willing to go to Walmart or somewhere and pick us up a mini grocery list of beverages we kind of need and meet us at the Port Orleans hotel Saturday evening about 6:30 Sat 11/2? I'd certainly pay you for the items, your gas and your time as it would be really helping me out. I know there is some grocery service you can use, but I've heard it's pricey.

Please pm me if this is possible - I hope there is someone who lives relatively close by to WDW who might be able to help us out so it's not a major inconvenience. Thanks.

Bob

2. mrpackerguy

3. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

You cannot take a taxi once you get there?

What about putting in a order with Amazon and have stuff shipped to arrive at your hotel room the same day you arrive?

4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

You might also be able to contact a nearby grocery store and have them deliver your goods to you.
    I think you can grocery shop online with Vons over here, and they'll deliver you groceries to your door for a fee.

I dont know if they have Vons/Safeway out there, though https://shop.safeway.com/ecom/home?brandid=2

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mrpackerguy

7. Stu L.

Stu L.

When we go, which is fairly often and once again coming up in December, my relatives use a local service that you send your list to and they'll shop and deliver your purchase to your hotel. We've used it many times for things like diapers, Dr. Peppers, cereals and whatnot. I can get you some names if you'd like. And have a great time! I love WDW.

8. mrpackerguy

please do thanks