Updated - Disregard this post - Zoom B3 with Source Audio Hot Hand 3 - not working

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mandohack, Mar 1, 2014.

1. mandohack

mandohack Supporting Member

Looking for some help getting the Source Audio Hot Hand 3 working with the Zoom B3. It works fine with the SA Bass OFD, but I cannot get it working with the B3 no matter what I try.

Things tried:
    1. Both mono and TRS 1/4" cables
    2. Restarting all pieces of the puzzle after reconnecting all pieces
    3. Configuring the B3 "Total" controller section for the effect so that it wasn't muting and that it was controlling the "pedal" I wanted. (pg 16 B3 manual)
    4. HH3 Receiver knobs adjusted in various positions.

I don't have any other pedals that accept expression pedal input so no other way to test to see if the Source Audio receiver is outputting via 1/4".

The ring and receiver are paired properly, the OFD pedal is in the chain and does alter the tone based on HH3 movement. No response at all from the B3 to HH3 movement.

Thanks!
  2. mandohack

Any TBers using the HH3 with a Zoom B3?
  3. the explode man

the explode man

I was actually thinking of getting a B3 to go with my HH3. I'm curious to see if anyone is getting it to work.

Could it possibly be because the HH3 has "too much data" for the B3? That is, the HH3 gives a three dimensional expression signal, whereas most expression pedals are two dimensional.
  4. mandohack

The HH3 only sends one of the axes (configurable) to the expression out. Nice thought though.

Pretty frustrating. There's a video on YouTube of a guy with this working.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rsmith601

rsmith601 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    President, Source Audio
    We have a very high rate of success when a 3rd party pedal uses something that is reasonable standard. Send a note to contact@sourceaudio.net we will get it sorted!
  7. mandohack

8. mandohack

Source Audio, in a last ditch effort to get this working, had me reverse the dip switches on the bottom of the receiver. Changed all four to the opposite of what it was, up/down/up/down became down/up/down/up. That did it.

I need to thank Jon at SA for his perseverance for helping me with what might-have-been a Zoom problem. Thanks Jon!

Great customer service from Source Audio.
  9. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Cool. I had a Zoom B3 that wouldn't work with any of my expression pedals, they expect you to fork out on the flimsy looking Zoom pedal instead!
  10. Woodsbass

Woodsbass

Hey man, great thread for a fix. You should change your title back, because a Mod may delete the post if you say disregard. This thread could be very helpfull to others who have your problem, so you shouldn't say to disregard it!
  11. rsmith601

rsmith601 Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    President, Source Audio
    So glad this worked out!!