1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

"Updated" Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass 77' thoughts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bordinco90, Jan 16, 2014.

1. bordinco90

bordinco90

Hey Everyone! I just wanted to get everyone's take on the updated version of the Squier VM 77' Jazz bass. I know the updated Squier does not have the Duncan Designed Pickups in it. I own one of these basses and I absolutely love mine. It's very lightweight and sounds amazing. I also love the glossy neck. I did upgrade mine and put Fender American Jazz Bass Pots in it. It gives it a little different sound. I played around with the American Deluxe Jazz bass, MIM Jazz bass, and all of the Musicman Basses and believe it or not I like the Squier better. It's one of the best basses I have ever played. :bassist: I just wanted to know what everyone thought of the bass? Thanks.

2. spz8

spz8

I've had my eye on the 5 string version for some time. Why oh why did they gloss up that awesome feeling neck?! :(

3. BassDaddy77

BassDaddy77

This is the main reason I went with the VM J over the CV series. I love the satin-feel necks on the original VM line.

4. bordinco90

bordinco90

I really like the glossy neck in my opinion. If makes it feel of better quality.

5. Register to disable this ad