1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Upgrade 2x10 Headliner cab

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by hotbass57, Jan 7, 2014.

1. hotbass57

hotbass57

I needed a lite weight 2x10 and picked this up new for $180. 8 ohm 400 watts peak. It's been ok, just sterile sounding. For Xmas I went on Avatar web site and picked up 2 Celestion bls 10 16ohm 200 watt speakers 42 oz. magnet. Dropping them in tonite and I will update. Avatar has these for $39 each. Should be a huge improvement. :bassist:
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Why? is the cab tuned around them?
  3. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

Ummm.........good luck

Celestion is not exactly known for their bass speakers, and then to drop them in a cab not designed around them............
  4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

5. hotbass57

hotbass57

I had picked up an Eden 15 with a blown speaker I put in a Celestion Tru Vox 15. It sounded good. They may not be known for bass speakers but they put out a quality product. Ask any 6 stringer. We'll see not to concerned will do what it takes.
  6. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

I'd ask my old 6 string lead player but I've replaced two in his slant 412 and he doesn't play loud with his 100 watt Marshall.