1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Upgrade bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The_Brit, Feb 9, 2014.

1. The_Brit

The_Brit

So I am looking to upgrade my bass, a Laguna LB200, and let's just say it was cheap for a reason. I have done a ton of research and looked and played a couple different basses. My budget is roughly $500 and so far I have found a nice used Musicman Sterling Ray 34 for 499. I was also trying to find a used Touring Fleabass but I couldn't find one. So, I do not care if it is used or new, but I was asking if any of you TBers had any other basses for me to look at! Thanks!

Rock on! :bassist:

2. Bassisgood4U

Bassisgood4U Banned

I've seen used U.S. Fender for that much.

3. The_Brit

The_Brit

What kind? And where?

4. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

a used US fender at that price may happen on occasions, but the normal going rate is closer to the $700-900 or so range.

the best advice i can give is to just shop around on the classifieds here. the prices are generally fair, usually pretty good deals. ebay is a good place too.

make sure that if you do buy something online, its something you've played before. especially for less experienced players you really need to know what it feels like. take advice from everyone but trust your own judgement above everyone else's input.

good luck

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. The_Brit

The_Brit

Thanks groooooove, ha I hope I got the correct amounts of "o" ;) but I have played the sterling before at my local gc and I really liked it, I have also played a couple of different basses like a mim fender p and a flea bass. Like the flea bass the best but couldn't find one so I am totally fine with the sterling!

7. EdgeXXL

EdgeXXL Supporting Member

If you liked the sterling then I would suggest you try a Sterling SUB Ray4. I love mine and it won't be going anywhere anytime soon. The SUB's are a great bargain and well worth what they cost.

8. The_Brit

The_Brit

Yeah but i want the step up and for only 200 more i can justify the point