1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

upgrade Pbass Special Deluxe tuners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jackcassruce, Jun 23, 2013.

1. jackcassruce

jackcassruce

Nov 10, 2012
    I'd appreciate a little help from someone who has jumped through this hoop . I was given a 2011 Pbass special deluxe and would like to to upgrade the tuning machines . It doesn't appear that Fender offers any of the same style , vague description offered by F on their website . I'm not that crazy about Hipshot but they do offer t.m.'s for MIM's . Is there an alternative ? I'm stuck working overseas with absolutely no offerings locally and very little info . Anybody done the same ? I really appreciate the help . This bass seems pretty right-on for a cheapie . Thanks again . Cheers

2. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    I have one of those, and am pretty picky about my gear - tbh, I don't see the point in any "upgrade"... IMO, the stock tuners are definitely good enough - and there really isn't much available that would be any better... Other than Hipshot, I don't know of any other options that would be an improvement... My MIA Hot Rod Jazz also has the same exact tuners, and I have no intentions of changing them...

- georgestrings

3. Nobody

Nobody

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    Unless they don't function correctly I wouldn't change them.

4. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

Exactly - If they're a little gritty, I'll dissasemble, clean, and lightly grease them - then, they always work great... I also put a spot of blue locktite on the big screw that holds the post and gear together - then they're good to go...

- georgestrings

5. Sponsored by:

6. tabdog

tabdog

Feb 9, 2011
    I agree that most available upgrades are
    no better than the stock tuners.

There are expensive alternatives. Those
    usually give the necessary info needed to
    do the upgrade,

Tabdog