Upgraded Ibanez with Nordstrands

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mjmeche, Dec 27, 2012.

1. mjmeche

mjmeche Supporting Member

Well finally got it done, I had an Ibanez SR785NT which plays great just didn't care for the metallic sounding high end. So I ordered a custom set of Nordstrands Fat Stacks then I also upgraded the preamp to a Mike Pope. The preamp has active/passive switch, 2 volumes, bass/treble stack and lo/hi mid stack and last is a passive tone with push pull for single coil.
    Wow I am so much more pleased with the sound without touching the controls. I will put sound samples when i get time. But it was well worth the investment!!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

FYI everything was bought from BestBassGear.com Max the tech was incredible, the passive tone /single coil push pull was a mod that was done since Mike Pope doesn't have such an item.

Attached Files:

2. mjmeche

2 more pics

Attached Files:

3. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

I'm glad you like it. As far as the bright top end, all that would have been needed to tame it would have been to change out the 500kohm pots for 250kohm pots and lower the pickups slightly.

But the Nordstrands are quality pickups, the preamp is a quality preamp, and it should give you years of enjoyment.

4. MN_Bass

MN_Bass Supporting Member

Very nice work, I bet it sounds amazing :)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Kohlman Bassworks
    Got Big Splits in my Lakland. Huge sounding! Jazz bass on steroids!

7. mjmeche

It's a tone monster. I have my luthier/bass guitar tech gassing. He said just playing around he was liking the combination.