Upgraded Marcus Miller Sig / New American Standard Jazz / second hand American Deluxe

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by werkudara, Feb 4, 2014.

1. werkudara

werkudara

Hallo all the honorable TB members, this is my first post since im joining TB.

Im currently own a 2004 Fender Marcus Miller Sig CIJ in good and all original condition + Roland Cube 100 combo amp. I planned to upgrade my bass with limited budget. the problem is the musical instrument shop in my neighbor only sell middle and lower end bass guitar, so i cant try the bass guitar that im looking for, except order via internet. i need advices based on your experiences, which one would be better in term of sound and versatility regarding the limited budget. The option is :

Fender Marcus Miller Sig + John East Marcus Retro 01 Preamp + Dimarzio Model J (estimated spend around $ 500) or sell my Fender MM Sig for US$ 700 and buy second hand Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass (equipped with N3 Noiseless Pickup and Active preamp) around US$1250, or sell my Fender MM Sig for US$ 700 and buy a brand new Fender American Standard Jazz around US$1300.

I mostly play top 40 song with my band in my local pub, so flexibility is considered.

Thank you in advance for your help and advices, sorry for my English, im from Indonesia.