1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Upton Hybrid

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses & Bows' started by lowEndRick, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lowEndRick

lowEndRick

I am offering my 2008 Upton Hybrid. I am the original owner and the bass has consistently lived in my humidity controlled home studio. It has seen a moderate amount of gigging, enough to make it beautifully broken-in and still well maintained. This solid top bass is in excellent condition with smooth, comfortable play-ability typical of Upton basses. The top is solid spruce and the sides and back are laminated with maple veneers. The hardware includes Upton’s deluxe model upgrades on the endpin and tuners. Both the quiver and the Revolution Solo II pickup will be included in the sale. There is a minimal amount of scratches and dings and some varnish wear at the bottom side edge, but otherwise the bass is in excellent structural condition. I live in western CT near the NY border. Just over an hour from NYC and 2 hours from Boston. I am not willing to ship the bass at this time.

Here are some pics to get started. I added bumpers guards which are not shown in these pics. I can offer more pics soon. Feel free to PM me to request specific closeups.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. slabhappy

slabhappy

Hi Rick,
    I'll take the bass. PM sent w/ my contact info.
    I'm in Mass and can drive down asap.
    Thanks,
    Chris
  3. Lee Moses

Lee Moses

That was quick! I can see why.
  4. MingusAmongUs

MingusAmongUs

Wow! Record time.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kochkoch

kochkoch Guest

Wow, if this was really close by. I would have been at your house last week.

Friedrich
  7. lowEndRick

lowEndRick

Thanks for the PMs. For those of you who have asked, there is a buyer for the bass who has negotiated a price and set up an appointment. The sale is not final, so it is still technically available. If the sale falls through, I will update the thread.
  8. lowEndRick

lowEndRick

aaaannnnnnd.......sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.