1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Upton Select French Bow

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses & Bows' started by Tom Brogan, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Brogan

Tom Brogan Supporting Member

Hi,

I purchased this bow from Upton last March. It has seen very little use, so I figured I'd put it up for sale. I asked Josh about the gap where the frog meets the stick, and he said that that was common when the hair is still tight. There's also a slight bend in the edge of the plate -- it was like this when I got it new (the light catches it in the third photo below). It's in the same condition that I got it from Upton, and it will ship in the original container. Hair still has lots of life left. Rosined only with Carlsson. I'll also throw in a Protec quiver. It has one leather strap, but you'll need to add another tie near the top to attach it to the tailpiece. $400 including shipping in the continental US. Please let me know if you have questions.

Tip to screw is 28". Balance point is about 9 & 3/4" from the screw. I can post the weight when I get batteries for my gram scale.

http://www.uptonbass.com/Upton-Bass-UB-Workshop-Double-Bass-Bow-Brazilwood/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]