1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Urgading my amp with my new bass

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by fusion man 85, Dec 14, 2013.

1. fusion man 85

fusion man 85

I upgraded to a fender standard fretless jazz,that needs to be paid off first now for the amp upgrade.

Been playing through an ampeg ba 108 recently after my acoustic went out(didnt like it much but it was free) love the ampeg though. The question is what can I get to play with a drummer? I have played a ba 115 like it but wany to get away from combos. Thinking ampeg mico cl or mico vr whats the differene between these or is there better choice out there
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The Micro VR is a better choice than the Micro CL, but the Micro CL ain't bad at all for the money. The PF rigs are more heavy duty than either, but the Micro VR has a sound for sure. And of course, the SVT/810e rules all ;)
  3. fusion man 85

fusion man 85

Im but an average man. svt 810 rig way down on my list
  4. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

If you like the way the BA108 sounds you should get an ampeg pf-350 or PF-500 with an ampeg svt-15e cab. The cab can be had for around 250 if you look used. I have moved on to an 810 but those 15s are really nice too.
  5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I get it. Took me a few years before I worked up to that rig my own self.
  6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

But was it an urgard to what you had before??? :D

Hope you're well Jimmy. :)
  7. P Town

P Town Guest

"Im but an average man. svt 810 rig way down on my list"

I'm almost 60 years old, and I bought a (particle board) 810E last summer. (Why I did this, I am not sure). I moved it once so far. The last leg required me to lift it over four feet, up into a semi trailer. I don't look forward to moving it again. Right now it has a B100R sitting on top of it, (and that thing moves easy, and sounds great). I think 810Es are better suited for young guys, or someone who does not have to haul their own gear. I'm in pretty good condition for an old geezer, but my back hurts just thinking about that speaker cab.
  8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hate to tell you this Paul, but you misspelled it. It's "urgad."

:D

Thanks man...hope all is well with you as well!
  9. fusion man 85

fusion man 85

Im probably gonna go with pf 500 its a hundred bucks more and has more options then the 350 does. What about the cab is a single 15 better then a 210
  10. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Depends on your tastes. They sound similar but the PF210he doesn't go quite as low as the PF115he or lf, with the lf going the lowest.
  11. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Oops! Darn auto spell correct!! I'm always fighting with it! :(
  12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I hate auto-correct for that very reason!