uriah duffy's jazz bass pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by damos, Feb 13, 2014.

1. damos

damos

hello

Do you know what kind of pickups Uriah uses on his jazz
    Bartolini or EMG
    But what's the model ?

thanks
  2. FiXeR

FiXeR Bass monkey, Drinker of swill, No sleep since 1985

They're definitely not Barts but why not just send him a FB message (if you're on there) and ask him? :)
    https://www.facebook.com/udawggy?fref=ts

He's a super nice guy so I'm sure he'd be willing to write ya back. I've known him for awhile and I'm sure he'd be willing to make the time.
  3. Udawwgy

Udawwgy

Hey guys! So here' my pickup history...
    BARTOLINI's all the way!!! That being said, I ran my main MIM Jazz (the one they did an article on in BP mag) with a front bart and a rear passive EMG, running them both thru the onboard Aguilar OBP3. I did this when the rear Bart stopped working and became microphonic- super rare occurrence, but it happened. So it was hybrid for years- until now.

As of December 2013, I was fortunate enough to get some Aguilar 70's single coils put into that bass. They are different and amazing. I wouldn't say they are EQ'd diff, but def have their own sound, where the Bart's tend to be smoother and not get in the way of any sound (letting your bass and all it's parts speak freely). So far, I dig the Ag's.
    My USA Lakland 55-94 has the MM-J config with a Bart preamp- and I won't touch it! Look up Christina Aguilera's song "Impossible" and you'll hear that bass and it's silky milky booty.
    Lookup "Uriah Duffy Bass Bash" and you'll hear the first gig I did with the Aguilar 70's in my jazz.
    I have heard that Barto has gone thru some great changes recently- I must investigate!
    Hope any of this helps!
    -Uriah
  4. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Uriah

Thanks for giving us the low down in person!

That is good news to know...
  5. Register to disable this ad