1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

US BBE Bmax in the UK, voltage conversion help.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Paulotron, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Paulotron

Paulotron

Hey all, have the 120v US BBE Bmax which will now be used in the UK, 240v. I assume it wont work to just run it through a shaving converter, but the last US to UK voltage converter i bought nearly torched my house. Anyone converted this successfully? Did I just get a bad converter?

Thanks in advance.

2. disssa

disssa

3. tom-g

tom-g

A shaving converter will mostly likely not work. Check how many watts the BBE requires and get a converter with higher wattage. I have done this for many years and never had a problem.

Edit: other devices not with a BBE.

4. gumtown

gumtown Supporting Member

You need a proper stepdown transformer, somewhere around 25~50 watts.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dincz

dincz

According to the manual, power consumption is only 8 watts.

7. spankdaplank

spankdaplank

I recently moved from the USA to the Philippines (220v). In the course of moving I converted a BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer to 220v. This required changing the power transformer. There was some simple soldering involved and of course opening the case. BBE supplied the correct transformer NO CHARGE. Another time they also supplied a new battery box for one of their pedals I had no charge. So Iwould suggest contacting them.
    I also have a high quality 220v to 120v transformer for the equipment I didn't convert. It was a worthwhile investment.

8. disssa

disssa

I wrote to Plitron:

They answered quickly:

As you can see from the transformer product label, transformer input is 2 x (0-100-120)VAC and you can re-wire it (in series) for 220V or 240V input.

Input 1: 0-100-120 (BLK-GRY-ORN)

Input 2: 0-100-120 (BRN-VIO-WHT)

You may also contact BBE Sound about conversion from 120V to 230V.

I wrote to BBE, but got no answer...

[​IMG]