1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

US Cirrus 5

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Low Class, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
  2. NicJimBass

NicJimBass The Kirk Hammett of bass guitar! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    I'm fairly certain that's a BXP. An early "dark wood" version. Priced about right.

EDIT: Does have an Aguilar pre. Probably sounds pretty good!

3. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2005
    Orange Park, Florida
    My bad! I thought it was US.

4. NicJimBass

NicJimBass The Kirk Hammett of bass guitar! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    No worries! I saw it before you posted it. Had it been a US, I would've jumped on it!

5. Sponsored by:

6. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!!

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Interesting that it is a neck-thru, but it has a string-through-body bridge. U.S. models don't have that. Wish I could read the print on the back of the headstock.

7. Many of them are neck-through and have a string-through-body bridge. I think MOST of them are, but I am not sure.

I have a 5-string Cirrus BXP from Indonesia, it is VERY good. You know I have 2 good US Cirrus (previously owned by you and mb94952). I agree, "not exactly the same thing", but they can be very close in playability, image and sound. Not allways the case, I had a 4-string BXP and it was just good, not great.

Remember that in first-hand market, US Cirrus were more expensive in Europe than US, and BXP Cirrus from Indonesia significantly cheaper in Europe. So they were an interesting option.

Finally you know I went second hand USA... but I keep my 5-string BXP.

8. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    It almost certainly says this -

[​IMG]

Those Indonesian darkwood models are fantastic. I picked one up used at GC because it was cheap. I begrudgingly admit that it's 85% of what my US Cirrus is.

I will never understand why people will put up horrible quality photos when selling on ebay. Are they completely without a clue?

9. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    Alameda, CA
    IME it's because they're trying to hide something. :rollno:

10. JazzBass1949

JazzBass1949 I Did That Ya I played There Ya I Did What a Blast Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Southern ILLinois