1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

For Sale USA Lakland 44-94 Seafoam!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by WalWarrior, Feb 21, 2014.

1. WalWarrior

WalWarrior

Price:
    ***LOWER PRICE***

Next up a US Lakland 44-94 with two Chisonic Humbuckers with the coil tap option. It was previously owned by Ed Friedland, his sig is on the back of the Headstock! It's
    seafoam green (obvious to the naked eye) with matching headstock. The body is alder, the neck is maple, board is rosewood. 22 frets that have been dressed by Ed Reynolds,
    the guy that taught Lakland how to do fretwork. Three band LH-3 preamp, passive tone control, hipshot Detuner key (also have the regular tuner). It was the 2nd 44-94 to be built with the Chisonics. It's a very versatile and powerful bass. And it's in excellent condition. Comes with Hardshell case. $2900.00 shipping included CONUS lower 48 -

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  2. Laklandfan

Laklandfan Supporting Member

Ed Friedland did a video with this bass, it sounded fantastic.

3. lpcarter

lpcarter Supporting Member

4. jdy

jdy Supporting Member

Here's the video:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Pet Sounds

Pet Sounds

Wow. What a beauty!

7. overbybr

overbybr Supporting Member Supporting Member

8. WalWarrior

WalWarrior

Hey thanks guys - This bass is a beast. Truly awesome. Ed lights her up in his videos, he's a true badass. I used this bass playing classic stuff ( Kansas, Boston, Zepp, even some Who,) - normally I'd use the Alembic for OX, this bass just kills. Pains me to sell her, time to thin the herd. Other projects happening I need to repurpose funds. I want to see this bass go to someone who will play her as she deserves. Whoever ends up with this won't regret it. A truly awesome instrument!

9. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Oh my lord. That bass is killin'!

10. lowendmafia

lowendmafia KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! Supporting Member

Man, i opened this because it was pretty close to what I've been looking for (a 4-94 in a pastel). But this is a 44-07 due to the pickups. Still a sweet bass for sure.

11. WalWarrior

WalWarrior

Thanks for the kind words - This bass truly rocks, it just pains me because I'm not playing live as much these days and to have an instrument like this just sitting in her case is a damn shame. Someone in the TB community could make good use of her I'm sure. If she doesn't go, then maybe it'll be a sign I keep her for a while. This is truly a remarkable instrument. It'd be awesome if she could go to a player who could utilize all she offers.

12. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Tyler!!!! Glad to see you are (hopefully) feeling better!

this is a really cool bass and I would venture to guess you would like it as much /better than a 44-94.....

13. WalWarrior

WalWarrior

Yeah man, and "Cult of personality" sounds pretty sweet on this....

14. WalWarrior

WalWarrior

Lowered price - This is a fantastic bass in Primo condition. I lowered the price and I'll eat the shipping. Thanks for looking!

15. WalWarrior

WalWarrior

Price lowered to $2900.00 shipped. If this doesn't move I'll be glad to keep her. She's a fantastic instrument! The Chisonics Kill!

16. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dual chisonics are really excellent!

I have a fiver version of this bass...love the sound

17. lowendmafia

lowendmafia KENNY WHEATON'S GONNA SCORE!!! Supporting Member

That's funny... I seem to remember someone that was really interested.

18. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Gold Supporting Member

Thinking about this bass all night. I just ordered a custom GARZ and it's being made now, but this bass is sweet. Wondering how I can swing it...

19. WalWarrior

WalWarrior

It is a very sweet bass. Sounds killer. Plays effortlessly. I did the same thing. I had a dream about it when it was Ed Friedland's. I knew I had to have it. If you pick this up, you won't regret it. Take care - D

20. WalWarrior

WalWarrior

This is a beast of a bass! Still available.

21. NG51

NG51 Supporting Member

Wow! That is a beautiful bass! And worked on by Ed Reynolds himself- for those of you who don't know who he is, rest assured that anything he puts his hands on is first rate- I own two instruments made by Ed- a bass and a Strat (seafoam green, no less!), and they are absolutely world-class instruments. Seems to me that this bass is a steal at the asking price, WalWarrior- can I trade you my Saturn Ion for it? I'll even throw in a new ignition key!

mb94952 and WalWarrior like this.