1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

USA made Steve Harris bass ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by odin70, Oct 2, 2012.

1. odin70

odin70

Can anyone halp me with this bass. Looks like a SH 2001 japan body with usa neck. Or..did Fender make some USA SH signature instruments in 2001/2002 ?

527507_530737070273604_766332502_n.jpeg

2. eccles77

eccles77

I`m pretty sure they are all Japanese. Most likely as you say, a replacement neck.

3. scottz0369

scottz0369

The ones I saw at music stores in japan around that time had the SH sig and a maiden skull IIRC on the headstock as well.

4. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Heheh, Cool!

Thats my old bass :p I was the one who put it togheter a few years ago, It have a LPB Fender Mexico body with a WD P-bass mirror pickguard.. The neck was bought from Ebay and have apparently been on tour with "Death Cab for Cutie" or something like that.. I dont remember the exact year of the neck, but I think it is from 2002.

Originaly I put a Seymour Duncan Custom Shop Steve Harris pickup in it, but I ended up putting that in a 77 P bass I had a while.

Where did you find it? I havent seen it for sale in a while.

Being used around december 2008:
    [​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. odin70

odin70

Den står for salg på facebooks "kjøp og salg av musikkutstyr" Det er flere bilder av den der og selger hevder (fremdeles) at dette er en reinspikka USA Fender.

7. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jaja, Jeg vet hva den bassen der er, og har den brassnut så er jeg enda mer sikker.

[​IMG] her er forøvrig et bilde av kroppen ny. Det kan forsåvidt ses på loddingene at den er satt sammen av en amatør og, jeg er ikke proff på det nå, og jeg var vertfall ikke proff på det som 21åring :p Om dette er min gamle skal den ha 2 hakk på headstocken, og det skal være en skade der kroppen møter halsen på undersiden av halslommen Skade og skade, mangler lakk). Av en eller annen sær grunn tror jeg ikke at jeg har andre bilder.

(sorry to our non-norwegian TBers, its nothing important)

8. odin70

odin70

You can check out more pictures on Facebook. The guy want to sell it as USA made, and thats fraud.

9. Profania_bass

Profania_bass Profanity Fish.

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Spector basses, Winspear Picks, Spector Formula 603 strings
    Kjøpe det ikke! Hvis han prøve å selger den som USA laget, så er det ikke greit.

10. Wallace320

Wallace320

I'm no forum Mod, yet I always translate whenever I salute or reply to Italian fella...

It's not an overall critic
    It's just that I'm deeply into anything Maiden/Harris and would like to easily read and get informed

Can you help me?

Cheers,
    Wallace

11. odin70

odin70

I agree Wallace. Sorry

12. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

I'm sorry too, but the bass have nothing to do with Steve, exept for being a lookalike bass and a Fender, I put it togheter some years ago and a guy is trying to sell it like a USA Fender.

13. 4001

Dont forget the Rotosound 77's...