1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

USACG P/J w/premium hardware, light, priced right

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dukeplaysbass, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member

Here's a light, resonant P/J bass with premium parts. USACG body and skinny jazz width (1.5" @ nut) neck, Hipshot Ultralight tuners, Babicz bridge, Dimarzio pickups.

I got the body used from another TBer. He bought it from USACG and had finished it in a very cool satin black, but didn't fill the grain; it's pretty hard to tell unless you're up close. The body had some scuffs when I got it. I paired it up with a brand new USACG neck I had. I think the satin black goes great with the ebony 'board. I had the neck finished locally by a semi-pro in a vintage ambler gloss tint (there are a couple of small rub-throughs on the neck). I added a reissue Fender gold anodized guard to shws off the tint.

I decided to do a concentric vol/vol when I wired it instead of separating them because there was a plug already in the side jack routing.

The rub-thrus on the neck, the side jack, the body grain, and the scuffs on the body are detailed in the pix.

Best of all - she weighs just 8.25 lbs. She's a great, great player.

Ships in a crappy gig bag.

SOLD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. dukeplaysbass

dukeplaysbass Supporting Member