USB interface for recording bass in Ableton Live?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by SouthTunnel, Mar 31, 2014.

1. SouthTunnel

SouthTunnel

I play bass for a local band in Charlotte, NC, and on the side create my own music... Mostly electro/house/dub step-ish. I'd like to mix in a bass track occasionally, but the only interface I have is a Behringer Guitar Link, which sucks!

What "affordable" USB interface would you recommend. And what setup/connection do you recommend? I'm a bit of a newb with recording hardware, so bare with me

I play a Warwick Thumb, and am using Ableton Live on a Lenovo T440, which is good enough for me right now... Don't really want to upgrade any of that.

2. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

I'm using a Scarlett 2i2 about $150

3. absolutezero

absolutezero

I use the Scarlett 2i2 as well ! It's a high quality interface. At times, I connect it using a Behringer DI box. If you're a passive bass, you might need a DI box (there are some reported issues of passive ones clipping on the 2i2). I wouldn't worry about it though.

4. jaabberwocky

jaabberwocky

I've been using a Steinberg UR22 and it has been excellent with recording instruments and vocals. No clipping and sounds pretty clean and neutral.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

I have used the Native Instruments Guitar Rig 1 input USB interface with good results. I think it ran me $99
    I currently use a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6. Much more in/out options Great mic preamps in this interface too. Cost was $249 when I got mine.

good luck