1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

USB record players

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rocknroll777, Feb 10, 2013.

1. rocknroll777

rocknroll777

So, I need something to play my old man's record collection on. And I noticed these brand new USB record players. Does anybody have any expirience with them??? Do they have an all analog output besides the USB one??? I'm asking 'cause I want to keep analog stuff analog :D
  2. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

3. rocknroll777

rocknroll777

Thanks man :) Is that RCA output analog?
  4. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

5. oniman7

oniman7

Make sure you get one that plays and doesn't just record to your computer
  6. scorpionldr

scorpionldr

I think I used an audio technica player before. Either way, ripped a whole ****load of Zappa and Ravi records using audacity, as well as others.
  7. line6man

line6man

I have one. It has USB and RCA analog outputs. It came with a software to record with, but I can't download it any longer, so I use SONAR now.
  8. PWRL

PWRL Supporting Member

I had one of the cheapo plastic ones, and the first that happened was that the motor smoked in about twenty minutes. I spent the extra money and went with a Stanton, and it was a great purchase. It has USB and RCA, well-balanced, great sound.
  9. Richland123

Richland123