1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Used Baldwin 6L6GC & Sovtek 6L6WXT+ quads.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by kurosawa, Oct 18, 2013.

1. kurosawa

kurosawa Supporting Member

Ongoing divorce survival sale, all my bass stuff is up for grabs.

*** GONE *** 1. Here's an early GE 6L6GC quad rebranded Baldwin, made in the USA in 1961. Reviews rate these equal to the much more expensive RCA. Actually, Derek Rocco did a shootout of many old and modern 6L6 tubes in many amps, and wrote "The best rock sounding 6L6GC was the same as it was in our previous tests, the GE 6L6GC early type. In second, the famous RCA ‘blackplate’ 6L6GC. In third place the Sylvania 6L6GC/STR 387. So the holy trinity still held firm." These tubes (used tested good) are going for $40.00 each so I think $17.50 each is decent. That's $70 for all four + 5.90 shipping, US addresses only (including APO and anywhere there's a ZIP code).

2. Also have a matched late-distortion PAIR of Sovtek 6L6WXT+ with 4 hours on it. The Tube Store says "Guitar-cable-amplifier. If this describes the rig you use, then this is one of two modern tubes you should consider. This is not a repackaged 5881. Extremely low noise and a lack of microphonics combine with excellent ratings for detail and harmonic content to provide a tube of exceptional quality. These tubes can be used in any tube amp. Plenty of power and great tone. We have tested these tubes with plate voltages ranging from 425 to 500 volts without problem. Biasing can be set from conservative to hot; again, no real problem and great tone will be delivered from most settings." $17.50 for the set + 5.90 for shipping, US addresses only (including APO and anywhere there's a ZIP code).

However many tubes you buy from me at the same time, of course you'll pay shipping only once.

My PayPal is kkurosawa@gmail.com

Attached Files:

2. kurosawa

Willing to break into pairs at half the quad price if a second buyer for a pair shows up and both pay--shipping will be delayed until payment is made for both pairs--but no single tube sales, please.
  3. kurosawa

Power tubes bump.
  4. ldervish

ldervish

5. Register to disable this ad