1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Used g&L l2500 usa from GC (was it worth it?)

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help Desk' started by jeffreyjrj, Feb 8, 2013.

1. jeffreyjrj

jeffreyjrj

ok so i bought a used G&L l2500 usa model on GC last week that was listed as great condition. this is my first time buying used so im not sure if im getting shafted. anyways, it was 850$ without shipping and tax included. i got it in the mail today and the frets were green between the wood and frets, the body had finish chipped off in 2 places that made the wood of the body visible, there were also missing screws on the back, the pickups and bridge have rust on it, and dents and scratches on the back with a slightly bad cement scrape on the side.

do you guys think i got shafted and i should returns this to GC or is it a solid deal. i'm only bringing this up because i could get a new one for 1300 and the ones that were previously sold on TB were near mint condition selling for 800$ average.

i have been waiting 2 months for a g&L 2500 to show up on ebay or TB for a little more or less than 900$ and the only one i could find was the gc so i took a chance on it. doesn't look so bad from across the room, but once you get your hands on it, it doesn't look so hot.

let me know plz

Attached Files:

2. jeffreyjrj

jeffreyjrj

more pics

Attached Files:

3. jeffreyjrj

jeffreyjrj

Also how much would it cost to repair the scratches and chips if it can be repaired
  4. Handyman

Handyman Supporting Member

$850 is a bit high for an L2500 in that sort of condition. I just sold a nearly mint one for that, including shipping.

Keep in mind that the green ick on the frets and bridge are easy to clean off, and you'll eat the shipping cost if you return it.

How do you like it aside from the cosmetic issues?
  5. jeffreyjrj

jeffreyjrj

I like the bass, but I was shocked by the condition it was in when I got it after they listed the bass as great condition. How much would it cost to refurbish the cosmetics if it were possible and would it be worth it?
  6. jamestown94west

jamestown94west

If it were me, I would return it and absolutely demand to be reimbursed for the cost of shipping. They misrepresented the bass. It could easily be cleaned up and made into a nice bass but they let you think it was a nice bass to begin with. Another one will pop up, I would get my money back, and keep looking.
  7. jeffreyjrj

jeffreyjrj

I soo sick of this bull shirts. First my bass teacher took advantage of my innocence and sold me a used Schecter studio 5 for full price and now GC tries to screw me over with false advertisement.

Well I'm going to Bring this back In a week. In the meantime I guess I'll be looking for another g&l 2500 USA Dow the next couple weeks. If anyone has one that doesn't look like it has been through war let me know I'm willing to buy for a fair price.

Thx for help guys.
  8. jamestown94west

jamestown94west

Where are you located? Do you have a guitar center close to you that you can take your bass to?
  9. jeffreyjrj

jeffreyjrj

10. cybersnyder

cybersnyder Always groove.... Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Xsonics cabinets
    You can return to any Guitar Center.
  11. jamestown94west

jamestown94west

You need to take that bass into a guitar center if you can. You're likely to get much better service, with positive results. Plus, if they have a competent repair tech, they may be able to help you get the bass you bought into a playable condition as a way to help you out. Who knows, but you definitely need to take it in.
  12. jeffreyjrj

jeffreyjrj

Yeah I'm going to bring it in in a few days after I take my exam.
  13. \m/cliffB\m/

\m/cliffB\m/

idk if this therad is to old but i was gonna buy that one from gc used. i saw it online. let me know how it comes out