Used my CL and 810 last night...

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by punky, Nov 17, 2013.

1. punky

punky

First time in over 9 months and let me say that it was just like the first time again. Just 100% bliss, like I was hardly even playing.
    It was worth the hassle getting the rig up the stairs.:bassist:
  2. dmac1961

dmac1961

Ain't nothing like it!
  3. Bassmec

Bassmec

Disclosures:
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    Glad you enjoyed it, I am a big fan of those old tools. They feel so good to play, like a nice warm pillow of bass behind you.:bassist:
  4. slade

slade

yup, something special there all it's own....
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. sharkbait130

sharkbait130

Yeah , used mine for the first time in a couple months (lead singers been having some health issues ,seem to be on the mend now.) My 25 yr old daughter was there and after the 1st set told me "dad , you have to turn down. You're shaking the whole building." Coming from anyone else , I would have just blown it off but she has an incredible ear for this stuff so I cranked it back a bit. The amazing thing is that one of our PA subs was blown so I was doing most of the whole house with the cl.She also saw me near the fan. "Dad , were you sniffing your tubes again?" Caught. And as for the steps , I've only played at one venue that had steps.On the way out , I lost my grip on the fridge and it bounced down the last 4 steps pretty much demolishing the last 2. Owners of venues with steps......BEWARE THE FRIDGE.
  7. thedudebrah

thedudebrah Supporting Member

Right on! I brought out my SVTVR Friday night to push the 410HLF I just got from someone on here. KILLER tone. Really been missing it. A bunch of people came up to me after our set an praise my tone. Always a good feeling.
  8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Yep, it's the king daddy of bass amps for a reason.
  9. Mark Reccord

Mark Reccord

Indeed.

I'm going to use my SVT for the first time in almost 2 years wednesday night and I'm pumped! I hadn't been using it because most of my gigs have been corporate things with the cover band where it's much easier for me to take my 112 and micro. Then when I went to power it up this spring, it quit working and I just got around to fixing it last week. All that was wrong was a broken fuseholder and a microphonic 6C4. :D

I have a new original rock band which really deserves the mighty SVT. I can't believe it's been this long since I had it out.
  10. dmac1961

dmac1961

We did a benefit for a local arts program this weekend, it was a Rolling Stones tribute night and I was charged with supplying bass back line. I was initially going to bring the PF-500 rig, but since it was the Stones, I opted for the ole SVT. Never have seen so many bassists with boners, myself included!
  11. punky

punky

It really is special when you come back to it.
    On the negative side, my back won't have anything to do with me so far this week. :meh:
  12. Jim C

Jim C Supporting Member

The head sounds really good with other cabinets too.
    Not the same but very good.
  13. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Punky, congrats! IMO there's nothing like having an SVT with it's 300 juicy tube watts and feeling the push of an 810 cab behind you. :bassist:

All this SVT talk is killing me!!!!!!!! :bawl: ;) :D

A Heritage SVT stack is #1 on my radar.
  14. garak7

garak7 Irritating the Neighbors Since 1964 Gold Supporting Member

Dang you guys again. Stand fast.....exploding gas coming your way!