1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Using A Glove For Your Fret Hand?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MoreBeer, Jan 5, 2014.

1. MoreBeer

MoreBeer

Been playing bass for a long time and recently developed a skin condition on my hands which makes it difficult to play comfortably. So I've been experimenting using a glove on my fret hand.

So far, the best thing I've found is a somewhat snug fitting high-quality golf glove. The more expensive golf gloves are thinner and use a higher grade leather. Its okay, although was wondering if there's anything better out there to use or at least check out.

Thanks!

2. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

3. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

He has a muscular condition in his fingers, don't remember what it's called. He says the gloves help alleviate twitching if I recall correctly.

4. homey

homey

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MoreBeer

MoreBeer

Yeah, I ran into that site a month ago when checking around. I also remember seeing a YouTube video, didn't bookmark it however of a guy playing great wearing some sort of black gloves. Had them on each hand.

I'll try and contact Scott on what he's wearing.

7. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

Etienne Mbappé also wears gloves when he plays.

8. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

WinterSilks has 'glove liners' in a couple of silk weights.
    Not too pricey.

Probably wouldn't last long with rounds - flats, maybe. This could be an application for tapewounds - which might themselves be an aid if the underlying issue is contact dermatitus or nickel sensitivity...