1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Using Bass POD XT Live with amp head

Discussion in 'Line 6' started by raphaeldc, Jul 23, 2010.

1. raphaeldc

raphaeldc

Hello everyone,

I've been using the Bass POD XT Live with my amp head and I want to know if anyone has any ideas to share.

I've been trying a few different setups, like running the POD throught the RETURN connection of the head, like a preamp. Does anyone use the cab models in this kind of setup? This way I cannot use the XLR output of the amp to feed the PA. Anyone ever did anything to solve that?

The other setup I've been using is running the POD into the main input of the head, but bypassing the amp and cab models, and engaging only the effects, compressor, gate and graphic eq. This way i get the tone of the amp's preamp and can feed the PA with the XLR output of the head. Any thoughts?
  2. TechZilla

TechZilla

Tried em all as well.

Favorite: No modeling, effects only into the input of a good sounding preamp/amp. Current setup into Sansamp RBI.
    I like the stomp effects on the POD and the Wah is pretty good. It’s also nice to have a volume pedal and tuner at our feet. The Mod effects seem a little lacking but I don’t use them much.

Next Favorite: Modeling into the input of a preamp/amp that’s set as flat or “vanilla” as possible to let the POD shape your tone. I ran this way for a long time and it worked fairly well.

Least Favorite: Modeling into effects return, power amp in or straight to the FOH. Not nearly enough control of anything this way. You need some control on stage the POD is way too cumbersome to adjust during a gig so if you’re not loud enough or your sound gets out of wack you have to fumble around on the floor.

As far as the XLR out goes there are a ton of options and opinions about that one. I’m currently using a Peavey EDI that goes inline between the power amp and cabinet so whatever I to do my tone at any point before that gets sent to the FOH. Most DI boxes are not made to do this. If you have a Combo amp that’s not an option.

In the end it's about what sounds good to you and being able to work with your gear when your playing Try em all and do what works best for you.
  3. raphaeldc

raphaeldc

Thanks for the reply!!!

It helped a lot!