1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Using Eventide Harmonizers with Bass

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Brogan Dutcher, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Brogan Dutcher

Brogan Dutcher

I am wondering how these Harmonizers sound with bass. I was watching youtube concerts from the 90s and saw Mike Gordon from Phish, Stefan Lessard from DMB, and even Victor Wooten using these in their racks. (Just to name a few) I know these units are loaded up with effects like mods, delays, pitch shifts, etc, but is it worth $1000 to get one of these and replace a pedal board of effects? Does anyone have one of these in their rigs and or tried one out before? This is concerning like the H3000, DSP, etc rack mounted ones.

2. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Gold Supporting Member

Check out the Eventide stomp boxes if you haven't already. I have a PitchFactor that's almost worth the $500 just for the octaving....and it does a ton more than that. I'm getting good flanging, chorus, delay, distortion and synth sounds. It tracks up to 4 notes through two octaves of intervals, major and minor keys and a bunch of modes. It seemed like kind of a novelty at first but as I get deeper into what the thing will do I'm coming up with a lot of really useable bass sounds. It gives options that really make me hear past the traditional role of the bass too.

If I had to I could make it work as my only effect unit but for me it wouldn't completely replace the versatility (or the voodoo) of combining a bunch of pedals.