Using 'interval sequences' in your soloing - with Scott Devine

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by devine, Jan 2, 2013.

1. devine

devine Supporting Member

Hey guys, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Here's a brand new video lesson for you!>>> CHECK IT OUT NOW!

In this bass lesson you’re going to learn how to use intervallic shapes and patterns within your bass solos, and how important they can be.

Using intervallic ideas within your soloing lines can really start to open up the sound and texture of your solos and help you break away from just running up and down scales aimlessly. Getting these types of ideas into your soloing lines is a must, and once you do you’ll start to hear that EVERYONE… sax players, piano players, you name it – they use these same techniques!

Brand new video lesson for you!>>> CHECK IT OUT NOW!

Enjoy!

Scott ;)
  2. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

just the kind of tutorial I need. Thanks Scott. BTW I hope you feel better. Sounds like you have a bit of a cold.
  3. kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson

Nice video. I learned some of those patterns from Patterns for Jazz: Bass Clef. Old book, but good one. Unfortunately, I am unable to tastefully link them together like you do. Maybe some day.
  4. devine

devine Supporting Member

Great to hear you enjoyed the lesson guys!

@Rick... Yeah man, I had a KILLER cold when I recorded that one lol!

Ez dudes,

Scott ;)
  5. mindthegap

mindthegap

Thanks Scott,

You have been my primary tutor in the last couple months. I have been playing about 12 months now. Working on getting the melody and rhythm down that you have!

I've already been thru this video and plan to go thru it about 5 more times!! ;) I want to be able to jam and improvise more than anything else (rather than just learning rote songs!).

I have also subscribed to your pdf's and jazz chord progression tutorials! Lot's to do! Shed time!

Ross