Using the B3K into a B7K?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MicG, Feb 15, 2014.

1. MicG

MicG Supporting Member

Anyone doing this? Overkill?

Seems like the B7K would work awesome as a clean 4 band EQ preamp and the B3K running dirt into it would obviously finish the job, but with the ability to cut the whole thing on or off w/out affecting the EQ. Might be useful, particularly if you're using a standard VMT or some other dirt before the B7K.

What do you think?
  2. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member

I do, I also run the vintage into the b7k and sometimes both the vintage and b3 stacked into the b7k.

I had always used the b7k as a preamp with little or no drive. Recently, I purchased a mesa m9 and started using the b7k as dirt.

Love darkglass stuff,
  3. Guinness20

Guinness20

DirtyDuke you NEED to post some clips!
  4. MicG

MicG Supporting Member

Thanks DirtyDuke, and yea - clips if you have 'em!

Anyone else?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Cloverfield

Cloverfield Supporting Member

I'd also be interested to hear people's thoughts on / experience with this. I have a B7K and use it as a clean preamp and have often thought about adding a B3K to the board to run before it.
  7. Darkglass

Darkglass Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Douglas Castro, Founder: DarkglassElectronics.com
    Hey!

Hugo (Darkglass co-founder) turned me on to this concept actually while at NAMM. He really likes the result of doing exactly what you describe: setting the B7K at lower gain settings and then using a B3K or VMT to crank it up, the sounds was nice, thick and full.

Obvious disclaimer: I am the dude directly benefiting from anyone using this option, so take my advice for what it's worth.

The best would be for you to test it out and see how you like the combo. Try and find out if someone near you has one of the pedals you could borrow or if your usual dealer has a good return policy.

Kind regards,
    Doug.
    g13nn likes this.
  8. Guinness20

Guinness20

Seriously people we need clips!
  9. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

i really hope the B7K is as good as the vids on youtube, and what you guys describe here... I plan to order it next week, and I already have too much expectations!!!

hope it will be a suitable replacement for the Bass driver DI ...

did i mention ...... I love my B3K !!!!! :)
  10. ilansgroove

ilansgroove

please .... some good clips of the B7K as a clean pre amp .... and as a clean pre amp driven by the B3K !!!