1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Using the house rig:

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by og61pbass, Feb 25, 2014.

1. og61pbass

og61pbass

I played a gig saturday night and used the house rig instead of my 112 combo, Man was it awesome,it was an old Acoustic tube amp and I think a 2 15 cab,my 61 p sounded so good hooked up to this rig,everyone else in the band was miked except me and my bass was in the mix like nobodys business,its as if that amp was made for my bass!! Anyone else ever experience this??:)
  2. og61pbass

og61pbass

Heres a pic:

Attached Files:

3. M0ses

M0ses

Last time I used the house rig, I played four notes at low gain before the amp bit the big one completely. Spent the rest of the show playing with a DI and a soundman who forgot to put bass in my monitor.
  4. og61pbass

og61pbass

Sounds like it was a long night...
  5. 1bassplayin

1bassplayin

Acoustic 360... Great amp!!! Single 18" in a folded horn cab... loud as can be.:bassist:
  6. og61pbass

og61pbass

Yes I believe that's what it is,I didnt have time to take note of it,it was a get up there plug in,dial in,sound check and play kind of night...
  7. jj4001

jj4001 Supporting Member

No toobz in there and it ain't a bad thing. Congrats on taking the Holy Grail for a spin!
  8. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    Yeah the 360 is a SS amp but a very nice ss amp! Honestly this is why I drag a big rig around a combo amp just can't deliver like a big rig.
  9. jj4001

jj4001 Supporting Member

Totally. There's just no substitute for a power house bass cab.
  10. DogBone

DogBone

Beat me to the "toobz" observation.

Solid state ain't so bad, like any amp there's something to be said for good engineering and quality components.

Speaking of Acoustics, I played a nice 320 last night at Guitar Center. First time taking of those for a spin and wow, just wow.

Nothing but love and RESPECT to the old Acouistics. :bassist:
  11. jj4001

jj4001 Supporting Member

I rock a 320 on almost every gig I play. Killer amp! Buy it!
  12. Nephilymbass

Nephilymbass Supporting Member

thats pretty much why I bought my ampeg 810e back in the day. I was playing an SWR 750x and SWR 6x10 at the time. played a club that provided an ampeg 810 and a couple marshall 412 cabs. There deal was you could use your own heads but had to use their cabs. the cabs stayed onstage and each had a mic. so basically the sound guy could go from band to band and really only had to mess with the drums onstage. he just adjusted levels accordingly for bass and guitars. I bought an ampeg 810 maybe a week later =)
  13. M0ses

M0ses

Oh yes. Yes indeed. It didn't help that that was the biggest and most esteemed venue I have ever played. Can you say stress?
  14. middy

middy

Me too! +1 on the buy it!
  15. og61pbass

og61pbass

It was nice to play Stormy it's been awhile, might even sell off my VMs just to keep playing her...;)
  16. og61pbass

og61pbass

Im good with my GK MB112 ll and 112 powered cab,my days of lugging around that big stuff are long gone...:D
  17. djkool

djkool Supporting Member

I recognize the Acoustic 360. I used to have one. Great fun to focus the folded horn on a table out in the audience. Fairly quiet on stage, but deafening at the focal length. Went to smaller and smaller rigs for portability until last October. Used a backline of an Eden WT800 through an Ampeg 810e. Got me jonesing for a big rig again. Now I'm using an SVT-4pro/810e or an SWR SM-900/410HLF, depending on the venue. God, it's nice to feel the thump again.
  18. iriegnome

iriegnome Supporting Member

I always use my own rig unless I am strictly told no. I won't use house rigs. Never big enough to cut through 3 guitards and 2 drummers.
  19. el murdoque

el murdoque

I played a gig in a remote location with a band that split up a dozen years back a sort of reunion thing. Well, as i was facing a long journey to get there, i was told i could use the amp of one of the other bassplayers and gladly accepted.

As the distance to my destination dwindled, my worries grew.
    Last time i did this i got an Ashdown 1x15 combo that looked cool, but was crap. I did not enjoy that gig.
    But when i saw that ampeg svt with matching 8x10 sitting on the stage all my worries evaporated. Beautiful amp with killer sound. Ever since that happened, i want one. And two strong guys that come with it to carry it wherever i go. And a car the cab will fit in.
  20. jj4001

jj4001 Supporting Member

Neat.