1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Using the LMII as preamp?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by AlexanderB, Feb 9, 2014.

1. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Is anyone here running the MarkBass LMII as a preamp with a power amp in some kind of "permanent" setup?
    I have tried it a couple of times and it sounds great but I miss a convenient way to hook it up. No real line out means I have no master volume and no DI once hooked up. Any comments?
  2. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

3. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

No-one racked it with a power amp? Is there a pre that would sound similar? (Flat, low noise, "bland" but "warm"...)
  4. swamp_bass

swamp_bass I love it when a groove comes together Supporting Member

You hit it in your first post. The adjustable line out of the LMIII makes it a better preamp. Couple that with the fact that the LMII has respectable power on its own, not many people would choose it for a preamp.
  5. Codger

Codger Bradley Baker Supporting Member

I have however used it as a power amp running a tube pre into it. Nice.
  6. waveman

waveman Supporting Member

Well, you could use the Send Effect as the out to the power amp, and still use the XLR Line Out for DI. The Gain serves as the master volume for both
  7. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

I believe the Effects send is prior EQ?
  8. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Don't just TalkBass - PlayBass! Supporting Member

If you intend to use the EQ then you must go out of the DI into your power amp.