Vacation destination with hot music scene

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by sjeverett, Feb 21, 2014.

1. sjeverett

sjeverett

I'm planning vacation for next year. This summer we're going to Cancun with a group of 5 couples. We love traveling and I want my kids to see as much of the country as possible so they can see there are options besides the center of TX. I would like a destination with a wealth of live music. We've been to Nashville, Branson MO, New Orleans, and of course Austin. Seattle comes to mind and some day I'd like to hit up the Sunset Strip. Does anyone have any other suggestions for music hotspots? I'm open to all genres of music.
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Burlington, Vermont.

-Mike
  3. Beersurgeon

Beersurgeon

Go to Ireland if you get a chance. Most towns have live music every night at the local pub and everyone is very friendly and nice. If you play an instrument, there is a good chance that you'll be invited up and play with the band. (never saw a bass though)
  4. sjeverett

sjeverett

I'll keep that in mind. I've always wanted to go to Vermont. Maybe a fall trip when the leaves are turning.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

NYC?

Though most tourists have seen more of my city than I have. But I hear good things.
  7. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration Supporting Member

Denver. The new Amsterdam.
  8. sjeverett

sjeverett

NYC is on my wifes short list. She wants to go to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
  9. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Why you go, find a hotel in Brooklyn or Queens and take the train into Manhattan. You'll save your self several hundred dollars.
  10. sjeverett

sjeverett

Denver would be fun. Cant smoke because of work. Weed is decriminalized in New Orleans also. Saw a guy buying weed on a street corner. The dealer was swiping a card on his iphone. Wonder if he emailed a receipt for that.