1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Value of a 1966 Fender Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gearhunter420, Dec 11, 2013.

1. gearhunter420

gearhunter420 Supporting Member

Thinking of selling my 1966 Fender Olympic White Jazz to a local friend, and I was wondering if anyone has the current Vintage Guitar Book and could tell me the valuation that book has on it. The condition is good to excellent. Much appreciated.

Jim

2. zacmac

zacmac Supporting Member

5-6K based on below and condition. The book value usually is evened out by dealers by taking the lower price and then taking 20% off of that. If the book says $7-12K you should take 20% of $7K as a general practice. Is the finish original? Is he sure? double sure? Custom colors fetch a premium but there are a lot of good refins out there and less than 15% of them from that era were a custom color.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sac...ender jazz bass&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

3. gearhunter420

gearhunter420 Supporting Member

Thank you Zacmac. Just to confirm that I am the seller. Finish and rest of the bass is 100% original. I have the 2010 Vintage Guitar Guide that says the bass is worth $9000 - $11,500. I am just wondering what the current 2013 guide says.