Value of my new Fender Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrGooodtrip, Jul 18, 2013.

1. MrGooodtrip

MrGooodtrip

Hey every body n every soul,

if you could help me with this one... I just bought this FENDER BASS immediately, cause it looked like the owner did not now its real value and as I'm no expert and I am not a rich collector or so, now I got doubts bout whether I'm lucky or and idiot. So you'll may help me out. Its still online, although I already bought it, so you might want to check it out and give me some information. I would be very grateful to you fellows. I need it for funk and reggae.

M.

http://kleinanzeigen.ebay.de/anzeig...z-bass-mit-koffer-und-kabel/131405983-74-9419

2. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

I'm no expert but it looks like a 70s fender jazz to me.

3. Mr.Fingers

Mr.Fingers

1975 Jazz Bass, with a wonky decal placement, but everything else looks original (except the missing pickguard, thumbrest & covers and a non-original case). Value... check evilbay for what a 1975 Jazz goes for...

4. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Pickups are totally wrong, and it also has a few more holes drilled into the body for some reason.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MrGooodtrip

MrGooodtrip

Thank you so far. The wood itself is what I think gives me some kinda "soul" power to it. Since the original pickups are missing, do u think that it is still worth 850 bucks? Cause that is all I've got. I mean, of course it won't sound original anymore, but does that mean, that u cant get a real good tone out of it, even if the new ones are excellent? The wholes I think comes from the original pickguard and the other stuff which was originally there. Sorry if I sound dumb to you, I'm more into playin bass than into this stuff. Spoken clearly I want to know whether the special sound of a original Fender Jazz Bass comes out of the pick ups or is it the wood itself, which gives you that special tone. If the new ones sound bad, could I remove them and if everything else is in good condition, did I make a good deal?

7. Mr.Fingers

Mr.Fingers

Ah, now I see more pictures (I could only see the first four at first glance). Indeed replaced pickups, but the guard & the covers & thumbrest are there. It's worth the 850 imho, we're in Europe, they tend to go for (much) more.

8. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

The wood does NOT affect your tone. Regardless of what some guitar manufacturers may have you believe. Sorry it's the truth.

9. bh2

bh2

Hmmm... £700 odd... don't think I would have paid any more for it.

Looks a bit tatty... mojo I guess.

10. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

sorry,... you are sooooo wrong!:(

EDIT: i forgot the obligatory, "IMHO".;)