1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Value of two basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hogbob, Dec 28, 2012.

1. hogbob

hogbob

Hi

I have this Yamaha BBNE2 in white with gold hardware - should be from around 2009. I got it in a trade and are considering selling it. However I have little idea what it is worth - It is in near mint condition (only very few scratches in the belt area)

Then I got an offer to trade it for a Yamaha TRB-6 Gen ONE (single truss-rod / ebony fretboard) - should be one of the very first from late 80'ies in good but used condition. Gold hardware is somewhat paled - but frets shows very little wear - everything is 100% original

Both are with original Hardcase

What are these babies worth ??
  2. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Check EBAY
  3. hogbob

hogbob

Did that - Only NEW BBNE2's there - so my question is still a question
  4. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

You have to be a supporting member to ask this type of question.
  5. hogbob

hogbob

Ohh that expired - renewed .....
  6. hogbob

hogbob

In the meanwhile I found a couple of BBNE2's - here on TB - @ 1650 shipped... Well mine is in a lot better condition than some of them ... but it gives me a "level" - But what about the TRB6 ?
  7. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

8. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

9. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

10. hogbob

hogbob

Well - there is nothing wrong with my search skills - The one you found is the LATER dual Truss rod with rosewood board. The one I mention is the single Trusrod that are older and with Ebony fretboard ... The Very first Gen is supposed to have higher Value from what I have heard. AND the thread you are referring to is from 2009...

BUT I was actually not asking for help searching the net - have done that almost for a living for several years - I wanted your OPINIONS.
  11. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Well my opinion is that your BBNE2 is worth ALOT more than the TRB6. That's JMHO, and your mileage may vary.