1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Vantage Retrovibe basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TRichardsbass, Oct 12, 2012.

1. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass

Disclosures:
    F CLEF LLC, Music Industry Consulting and Sales
  2. cavix

cavix

I like the black one and the white one.
    Blueburst and redburst are too Rick-wanna-be! ;)
  3. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much Supporting Member

4. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

I like 'em but they're probably for someone half my age
  5. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Nice. Though I wonder how long these will last before the Rickenbacker or Fender agents come a-knockin
  6. phillybass101

phillybass101 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars
    I like the blueburst, black, and white. Can't be the same Vantage (korean made basses) as I used to own. I had a Vantage 6 string neck through. decent sounding bass but the B string... and the string spacing was too close. I traded it for a Trace Elliot GPSM 7 300. I still have the head.
  7. Scottkarch

Scottkarch

I picked up a Vantage Retrovibe last month and love it. It looks great, the neck is fantastic. Great action, set up near perfect out of the box from the UK. I've never had MM pickups and am not sure if they are just inexpensive MM style pickups, or that is the way they sound, or I'm not used to a humbucker in the bridge position and single coil at the neck position. I've always had P/J.

The finish is nice, balance is great, and it just looks pretty awesome.

[​IMG]

I'm planning on selling my Ibanez SR505 to get the 5 string Vantage... Also, I've replaced my Trace Elliot head with an ancient Peavey MK III head. So funny. I love the sound from it. Go figure... it's just so darn heavy.
  8. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I could rock the green or blue ones. Nice!

Yes, they do have a semi-Ric body with a Fender-esque neck, but that's OK with me.
  9. Scottkarch

Scottkarch

Geddy Lee ( Permanent Waves ) and Yes ( Drama ) was what got me playing bass to begin with.

To me the combo just looks right.. not sure why. I ALMOST like the body shape better than the classic Ric. But that may be because it's still new and shiny. I can't figure the block markers.. they may be stained on.. they don't look or feel like inlays, but they don't look or feel like paint or stickers. I'm guessing a stain that penetrated in to the wood a bit.

The band says it's their favorite bass. Exchange rates and expensive shipping make it a bit expensive, but I'm so happy I got one. If anyone has questions or wants pics, let me know.
  10. Scottkarch

Scottkarch

Walking into guitar center was pretty funny.. I guess they take down the make/model/SN of any equipment you walk in with to compare it when you walk out... The Retrovibes do not come with any serial numbers... I doubt that is a deal killer for most people.. but it frustrated the heck out of the person at the front desk. LOL
  11. ric4682

ric4682 Supporting Member

Woah! I have a 4003 and I think these are almost as sexy! I hope someone who's played a real ric could compare them.
  12. rocmonster

rocmonster

I got GAS last spring when someone posted a link here. I emailed for the price, but it would have put it in the Geddy Lee Fender range being shipped to the states and paying both shipping and duty...:(