1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Vantage VS600B

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dvh, Oct 11, 2010.

1. dvh

dvh Supporting Member

Anyone else familiar with these?

Any idea what year the serial number is from: 1040049 or where I can find out?

Cheers
  2. Spiritfield

Spiritfield

I had a 1980 VS600 w/ the split P pickup once upon a time. It was a fantastic player for not much coin. Mine was made by Matsumoku in Japan. Don't know much about them other than I was very satisfied with it. Sold it to make room for some other gear...
  3. Rat Blitz

Rat Blitz

It's from 1981. The first number in the serial number is the year (for most models from the 80s anyway).
    It's a very nice bass!
    I have two (one dark and one light finish)
  4. ksihawk7

ksihawk7

5. dvh

dvh Supporting Member

Thanks. Just picked up a fretless one (rosewood unlined board)