Vasectomy

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AaronVonRock, Mar 2, 2014.

1. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

I was just reading a thread about the joys of not having children and it got me thinking about vasectomies. I turn 43 this month and am considering having one so I don't have any unwanted surprises in my middle-age years.

Has anyone had a vasectomy? If so, would you care to share the details and your experience? Cheers.

2. dnosewor

dnosewor

I had one done. I actually passed out after the procedure was done. I sat up, seen some blood and out I went. Haha. It wasn't that bad. Took it easy for the weekend and was back to normal on Monday. One of my band mates had it done and played a gig that night.

3. kesslari

kesslari Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I had one done. Sitting up in a chair, snip and done. A few days of discomfort, but not real pain. It was easy and not a big deal.
    Good luck.

4. hover

hover

Yes.
    I was put under, w/o getting too into, I was a poor candidate for the "keyhole" procedure.

It hurt for a couple days after, some marginal tightness due to the sutures, which is not a concern if you get the outpatient procedure mentioned above.

Other than a "shootin blanks" test about a month later to be sure, smooth sailing. the Missus and I had decided after two children (there are the joys of having children too) that I would get this done, and it was the least I could do.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Paladin54

Paladin54 Providing the low end for the High One Supporting Member

Keep the ice on and take it easy for a couple days.

I know several guys who have had it and the only one who had problems was the guy who thought since he felt good he could chop wood. He had some swelling issues afterwards.

Mine was a breeze.

7. Locky66

Locky66

I had one done at the age of 40 which was 7 years ago. I highly recommend you do nothing but sit on the couch and lay in bed for a few days. I made the mistake of coaching softball the next morning because I felt decent. I made it about three innings before I felt like someone kicked me in the ole nads about five times. A week layer I was able to go back to work.

8. fraublugher

fraublugher

Not to be a dick but this is too touchy a subject for some of us old (circumsized) softies.
    /rimshot

9. Laidback

Laidback

Had it done almost 20 years ago. Had a great Dr. Sitting in stirrups with a very pretty nurse starring at my shaved ball sac. They tell you shave before you come in. Seems like it only took a few minutes and it was all done. No discomfort here. Got divorced a few years after. I was like a wild stallion in a field of mares and didn't have to worry bout any surprise rug rats. Just sayin'.

10. stratovani

stratovani

Had it done back in 1990 after the birth of my last son. When they stuck the needle into my bag it almost brought my knees up to my chin! The procedure itself wasn't too bad, but the driving home afterwards was tough. I had a 4-speed standard back then, and pushing the clutch in was pretty painful! I had it done on a Friday; I spent the weekend in bed with an icebag on my crotch. Monday I was good to go and back to work I went. :)

11. britainblues

britainblues

I had it done last year. 3 kids is enough!!!
    I was awake for it, it felt like 2 bee stings and some weird tugging and 20 min later I was on my way. Get yourself a bag of frozen Peas and don't do a thing for a couple of days.

12. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    Did it a couple of months ago. Incredible pain for 5 seconds and the whole thing took 10 min from when I laid on the bed until I got up. I was on a conference call in my car 15 minutes later.

Some swelling and uncomfortable moments for a few days, but that's it. The worst part is thinking about what they did after the fact as it happens so fast.

You can really work it with the wife though. I laid on the couch and watched sports and movies for 3 days. It was beautiful.:hyper:

13. Milk

Milk

Yeah ive been thinking about it too. Be nice to have to stop worrying about that.

14. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    Or end up like me and my 43 year old wife of 19 years.... 18 and 16 year old boys and a 15 month old daughter.:help:

She is amazing but I can't say I was pleased 2 years ago when I found out.

15. repoman

repoman

I had one at 31 years old right after my first and only child was born. Pretty easy procedure.
    Please remember, all it means is you can't father any children, it doesn't mean you can't get a V.D....you still gotta wrap that rascle. :)

16. JohnMCA72

JohnMCA72

As if being a bass player isn't birth control enough...

17. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

FWIW, my dad told me that after he had one, his orgasms became stronger. Don't know if there is any truth to that across the board, but that's what he told me.

18. Mike M.

Mike M.

I also got snipped. They numbed me up, it took about 15 minutes....done. Laid back on the couch with the ice for the rest of the day. No real pain, just "stung" a bit. Took it semi-easy for the next two days and that was it.

That was 30 years ago shortly after my son was born. I love him to death and would do it all over. What a joy!! But no more.

19. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

West Grove Pa via the Northside of the 'Burg!
    It was going ok until the nurse brought the blowtorch in....just kidding!
    I had this done almost 18 years ago about a month after my 3rd child and it was no big deal...I drive myself home and a drove a 5 speed back then...just store up on a few packs of frozen peas for later....no regrets and good luck

20. ZenG

ZenG

Seeing as how y'all are on this subject.....

Can you answer me this:-

A co-worker of mine had a vasectomy.

One time we were talking about it and I said " Well I guess you shoot "dry' now, eh?"

He said " oh heck no...I still emit all kinds of ejaculate"

I thought to myself " How the dang can he do that if he's tied off?"

Is it possible for him to do that after a vasectomy?

I thought when they tied you off the taps got shut off.

21. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

Dude or dudette. There is still fluid. Just no sperm.