1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Velcro: Loop or Hook on Pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by pbasswil, Jan 20, 2014.

1. pbasswil

pbasswil Supporting Member

Is there a reason (that I haven't thought of) to favor either the hook or loop portion of Velcro on a particular side of the pedal / board equation?

I'm thinking that if you put hook on the board, that anything fuzzy will end up clinging to the board.
    But if you put it on the pedal, then your pedal will tend to stick to any cab or combo with a rat's fur surface... Well, you might find that convenient, actually.

Any thoughts?

- thanks

2. mimaz

mimaz Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    There are a few threads that have discussed this....but more often than not, I think you will find the "loop" on the board, and the "hook" on pedals.

3. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster Supporting Member

Just don't put your pedal Velcro down on the carpet when switching your board around.

4. spaz21387

spaz21387

It seems like everyone does the hook side on pedals. Every used pedal I got came that way.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jtroska

jtroska

It seems most ready-made pedal boards are designed with the loops on the board. So if you put the loop side on the pedals, you won't be able to stick them on ready-made boards like SKB or Pedal Pad. Of course, if you're going to exclusively use home-made boards, I guess you can do it either way.

7. pbasswil

pbasswil Supporting Member

All right, it sounds unanimous -- loop on board.

Thanks folks!

8. el murdoque

el murdoque

I've decided on the other way round. Hooks on the Board.
    Reasons: My Board is usually full of Pedals, so there's not much chance of catching stuff.

Also, i am not in the habit of placing it face down on the carpet. I am, however in the habit of placing pedals that are not on the board on the carpet occasionally.

And, on top of that, the only pedal i bought used had the loop side velcro on the bottom.