1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Velcro problemo

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by masterkey_bass, Jan 24, 2014.

1. masterkey_bass

masterkey_bass

Hey buds I need some help here. Ive recently upgraded my board to the gator g-mega bone pedalboard and throughout my trials of getting it "right" ive moved some pedals around a few times. I went to move two around just now and a big section of the velcro loop mat pulled away from the molded plastic base. My question is what is the "best" and most permanent way to have it adhere back on the surface?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Staple gun. Of course, if your board is made of metal, then forget the staple gun.

3. masterkey_bass

masterkey_bass

Id prefer some type of glue or better looking solution. What would you use if it were metal?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    I'd probably just replace it with more industrial velcro. Very hard to make something stick once it unsticks.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rhopper

rhopper

7. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066

provided the backing of the velcro is still relatively clean.....i would use locktite spray adhesive....works great for me

8. K2000

K2000

Fixed your link (missing : ) :)

http://www.3m.com/product/information/Dual-Lock-Reclosable-Fastener.html

Instructions sometimes say to let your adhesive set up (hours, or even overnight) before stressing the bond. I try to let the velcro sit for a while (after I attach it) before actually 'using' it. Also, if you don't go the Double Lock route, the smaller Mom & Pop True Value type hardware stores sometimes carry 'industrial strength" velcro.

I use a homemade wooden board, and sometimes I need to use a staplegun to beef up my velcro application.

9. rhopper

rhopper

10. masterkey_bass

masterkey_bass

Thanks for all the replies so far. Im gonna try the loctite first. The board came with loop already attached and it doesnt seem to be as heavy duty as industrial strength velcro on the adhesivr side. Ive got a smaller homemade board with I.s. velcro and it damn near wont come off. If the loctite doesnt work ill just layer the whole thing up with I.s. velcro. Hate to do that if I dont have to though because the current mat is cut to exact measurements and looks sleek.