1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Velvet Garbo strings

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by mikejdexter, Dec 26, 2013.

1. mikejdexter

mikejdexter

Anybody tried Velvet Garbo strings on their EUB? Good sound?
  2. David Morris

David Morris Supporting Member

Yep, tried them on an Azola Acoustic Baby Bass I used to own.

Yep.
  3. mikejdexter

mikejdexter

Many thanks David. Much appreciated.
    Mike.
  4. abaguer

abaguer

Yep had them on my Eminence 4 string for a few years. They were great.
  5. mikejdexter

mikejdexter

Hi abaguer
    Many thanks for your reply. Oddly enough I play an Eminence and I thought of trying the Velvet Garbo's on that Bass. Did you find another string more suitable?
  6. abaguer

abaguer

I traded another TBer my 4 string fixed neck for removable neck 5 string that came with spiro weichs and high C. That setup sounds good on the 5 string so I just leave it. On the 4 string eminence I wanted it to sound like my main bass which was wearing guts mix and the Garbos definitely did that. I sometimes switched out the Garbo G for a Goldentone nylon coated gut and that worked nicely too.