1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Veneer?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by PatitucciJ, Nov 10, 2012.

1. PatitucciJ

PatitucciJ

As I was working on my bass today, I was thinking about veneer. I had a crazy though and wanted opinions on it. Would it be possible to veneer a fret-board to create a solid, smooth surface? Just an idea..... :bassist:
  2. reverendrally

reverendrally

Yes. Jap fender copies often came with such thin boards they were literally just veneer...
  3. Smilodon

Smilodon Supporting Member

If you do this, make sure your "base" is sanded to the correct radius and that it's perfectly smooth. There isn't much room for leveling on a piece of veneer.