1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Vertical stacking cabs without casters

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by taylor16, Mar 13, 2014.

1. taylor16

taylor16 Thank you, Mr. Miner. Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2012
    USA
    Is this going to be a potential problem? Never stacked vertically before. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394750605.772640.jpg

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Not at all. Not only will they not roll away from you, but to lose floor coupling, you have to have them about 2 1/2 feet off the floor so you've got nothing to worry about. Except for drunks flying into your stage and knocking it over, that is. Usually not a problem if you're not playing punk rock or metal for slam dancers.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
  5. dmac1961

dmac1961 Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2012
    South Cackalacky
    It looks like there are rubber feet only on the sides of the cabs (formerly the bottom). If they don't have them, I would consider installing rubber feet on the bottoms (formerly the sides). Ampeg cabs have the cool feet cups on their stacking cabs, but that might be a bit more work.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Good call, dmac. I would do the feet, too, or maybe a closed cell foam mat.

7. spz8

spz8

Jan 19, 2009
    Glen Cove, NY
    Definitely add the rubber feet to the sides (bottom) of the cabs. It's a really easy and cheap mod.

8. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Far from it. Quite the contrary in fact.

MM

9. SuperK

SuperK Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2012
    San Jose, CA
    No issues yet here. Sounds great too. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394758830.533188.jpg

10. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    I use my two GK 112's in a vertical stack all the time. Never had an issue with stability. The GK Neo cabinets do have corners which allow them to be securely stacked either horizontally or vertically. I agree with the previous posts about adding rubber feet. You can get them here: http://www.speakerhardware.com/products.php?cat=18

11. rapidfirerob

rapidfirerob Fusion rules! Supporting Member

I also stack GK 112s vertically. It works out great in every way. No issues. :cool: