Very confused about Lakland Skyline Hollowbody FRETLESS...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TimBosby, Mar 24, 2014.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Hello Talkbass...

I'm very confused. Does Lakland still make a Skyline Hollowbody FRETLESS model? If so, does it have an ebony or rosewood board?

Musician's Friend seems to think they have a Shoreline Gold version of this bass...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/lakland-skyline-fretless-hollowbody-bass

...and that it has Bartolinis (which I assume would mean a coil tap switch.) I thought Lakland switched from Barts to Chi Sonics years ago. Unless MF has new old stock...
    I tried asking them and they said they only had Shoreline Gold but haven't gotten back to me about the Bartolini question. Is it possible these are still being produced, or does anyone know any more about this?

Thanks!

2. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

hmmmmm...no more Barts...only CHIs now....it HAS to be used....kind of pricey for a used one.

yes - you can still get fretless necks for them...I have a fretted version and a fretless neck...have not swapped them out yet...

PS - Shoreline gold is no longer available in Skylines either...all burgundy trans or burst now...

3. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

Sounds like NOS to me . After you order yours let us know .